Before buying a home you need to find out how much you can borrow. I can do this by checking lenders affordability calculations and reviewing your credit report.
Most lenders require a 10% deposit, there are a few who only ask for a 5% deposit.
Some property sales attract a tax known as stamp duty. You can visit this link to see if it will apply to your property purchase stampdutycalculator.org.uk
All property sales follow the same process this is:
- Find out what you can borrow and how much deposit you need
- Make an offer on a house you wish to buy
- Once this is accepted apply for a mortgage decision in principle
- Submit a full application to the mortgage lender and provide 3 months payslips, bank statements and any other documents requested
- A valuation is carried out by the lender
- The lender issues a mortgage offer
- Your solicitor carries out the legal searches
- You exchange & complete (normally a week in-between)